[Xerte] Flash Paper

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 12:00:16 GMT 2009

Thanks for this, Ian - I'd not realised Adobe was dropping FP. I don't
think it should be a support problem, at least regarding Xerte and
Flash, as FP just outputs a standard SWF movie. If FP ceases to be sold,
that could be a pain, although the Adobe page you reference states
"Adobe will continue to sell the current FlashPaper 2 version." which is
encouraging.

It's a shame, though, as FP is a useful utility for Flash developers, as
Flash can't natively handle PDF. Let's hope Adobe build PDF import into
the next edition of Flash.

Cheers

Fred