[Xerte] Tabbed Navigator

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 10:42:21 GMT 2009

You can load swf files up inot the tabs - flash movies in other words.

You should add the option 'interactivity' f you want your users to be
able to interact with the content in the flash movie - otherwise Xerte
will put a tooltip on it, preventing users from clicking on it's
contents or otherwise inteacting with it.

initObject is for more advanced flash movies. It allows you to send data
inot the flash move to initialise it. SO, perhaps you have a flash movie
that shows google maps. You want to use lots of these. Because you're
smart, you realsie you can build just one movie, and as longas you know
where to locate the map it can be reused, saving you a lot of time and
hassle. So, you desing the flash movie so that the location is set when
it initialises. You pass that in from the wzard using initObject like
this: {location: 52.9,-1.19}

Code in the flash movie then receives this info and can position the map
accordingly. We use this a lot, it is very handy,