[Xerte] More Questions

Robert Fant rfantster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 03:11:50 GMT 2009

First, thank all of you (*Julian, John, and Patrick*), for your quick,
informative responses.
I feel much better but have a LONG way to go.

I have actually created a couple of pages with some trivial (scrolling) text
boxes, math symbols, and a graphic, (must start somewhere, right).   Working
through the quiz tutorial in the help menu, now.   My programming /
scripting skills are minimal, so this is going to be tough.

QUESTION(S):   I got on John's online site and saw that one can "Insert"
various templates from a drop-down list, (inter-activities, media,
navigators, etc.).   I don't seem to have all of this available with the
desktop version.   What am I missing?   Do I need to install these
templates?   However, as I look through the directory where Xerte is
installed, I can see what appears to be folders with a lot of this stuff
available.   I'm guessing I just don't understand how to implement any of
them.
The "template" directory in the help file just *seems* to only disect and
explain the various xml files.

I suppose this is enough for now.   I've been at this all day.

Thanks in advance for your help and expertise,

--
Robert Fant
Mathematics Instructor

rfantster at gmail.com