[Xerte] Slightly Overwhelmed

Robert Fant rfantster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 00:14:28 GMT 2009

Greetings All,

Yes, I am just a little overwhelmed.   So, please bare with me as I ask a
bunch of questions.   I must do this before I dive into this application.

Well, I just got the LaTeX portion to work for me.   That is a major
important feature for any tool I use, thanks.

For the question(s):
As I am looking around, I see the "ToolKits" application.   What is the
difference between this and Xerte itself.   It appears to be an "online
editing" version of the same but I feel like I'm missing something.
Can I use the one that's installed on your server?   Can I then download and
host my creations?
Because I will have to pay to have it installed by my host, I would like to
play with ToolKits before installing it on my server.

The ToolKits page suggests that I should "Login" but I didn't see where to
registar or signup.   Is this open to the public or just for Nottingham
folks?

I've seen several of the demo projects created by folks, containing video,
other *.swf files, quizzes, drag-n-drop modules, etc.
Where can I read/learn about how to create these things myself?   I've read
the basic manual but it is extremely basic.

I apologize if I seem too presumptuous, asking neive, newbie questions.
Again, please bare with me.

--
Robert Fant
Mathematics Instructor