[Xerte] Scaling graphic using scale9grid

Peter Huppertz peter.huppertz at baselgovernance.org
Thu Feb 12 09:08:21 GMT 2009

Dear list,

I created a background graphic with rounded corners in Flash using a
scale9grid and put it as instance "bg" on the stage. I want to load the
swf as graphic in Xerte and scale the bg instance to the w and h parameter
I set in Xerte. The problem is that Xerte scales the root of the movie and
thus the bg instance gets distorted. Is there a possibility (similar to
the scaling of buttons using the setSize function) to "redirect" the
scaling to the bg instance of the loaded swf? As workaround I use a script
which scales the swf back to it's original size and than scales the bg
instance to the required size, but this is not very elegant. I also tried
to use a component instead and put the w and h parameter in the
initObject. But components seem to support Flash 7 at the most and I think
scale9grid was introduced in Flash 8 ...
Thanks for your help.

Peter