[Xerte] restore combo box value

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 11:14:09 GMT 2009

You should find Xerte is as good a replacement for Authorware as there
is, and, yes, the functionality to support templates and dynamic code is
very powerful.

To set a vlaue in  comboBox, use setSelectedIndex(n);

To see all methods and properties of an object, you can inspect(mc);
//this is how I just found setSelectedIndex(); *most* of them are in the
help file. Let me know any errant ones and I'll add them in.

Clip() is a method of the XMLNode class. It returns the movieclip that
has been created from a particular node in the .rlo file;

So, icon.parentNode.clip() returns the movieclip of the icon's parent.
Icon is an xmlNode - furthermmore, it is the current xmlNode in the
parser.

I wouldn't advise creating LOs with more than 100 pages. Break them into
chapters. Maybe it's just me, but my heart sinks when I open one up and
it says 'Page 1 of 253'.