[Xerte] Accessing associative arrays via variable?

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 27 23:25:18 GMT 2009

Well, I don't know what character was hiding in my version, but I just substituted my vars in your pasted code one at a time and and it worked.

I can move the block above or below each other and the undefined moves with it.

help_defs = new Object();
help_defs.Atomic = 'Roosters are atomic';
myVar='Atomic';
debug(help_defs[myVar]);

help_defs = new Object();
help_defs.Atomic = 'Roosters are atomic';
myVar='Atomic';
debug(help_defs[myVar]);

The upper one (my original) returns undefined.
The lower one (yours copied and pasted with my vars typed in) works fine. See any difference?

Ghosts in the machine.

Thanks Julian. It teaches me a lesson about AS.