[Xerte] Embedded fonts and super/sub script

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 17 15:04:35 GMT 2009

With a hand from JT, I've managed to get embedded fonts (in this case Frutiger Linotype) and css with custom tags working together. I'll post the details for the archives once I get this last bit addressed.

Now, if I open Frontpage and use Frutiger as the font, I can subscript/superscript, so I assume the Frutiger Linotype has the ss/sp fonts in there.

I have embedded that font in resource.swf, and it appears as expected.

But I am not sure how to proceed as far as defining a character within Xerte such that it uses the ss/sp.
Flash (and hence Xerte) does not support the <sup>, <sub> tags, so how do we invoke them?

Cheers,

Dave