[Xerte] Page Wizards

Johnathan Kemp johnathan.kemp at cxstaffs.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 16:17:58 GMT 2009

Following a lengthy period of development with excellent support from
Julian (many thanks) I am now able to make available a number of Page
Wizards to the Xerte Community.

Page Wizards offer the Holy Grail that some of you have been looking for
i.e. the ability to develop your own pages in Xerte and to use form
driven pages like the ones you find in Page Templates or Xerte On-line
toolkits, in the same Xerte project.

With Page Wizards you can make use of the Quiz template in one page and
then create your own bespoke page next to it. Because the Page Wizard
exposes its structure in the Xerte project you can even customise the
page after generating it from the Page Wizard. Messing around with Page
Wizards are also a great way of learning more about how to program in
Xerte.

I am optimistic that when time permits the Page Wizards will become part
of the official Xerte release. Until that glorious day arrives please
enjoy these Page Wizards.

Note: The page wizards are based on the Page Templates template and a
wizard exists for every page type in that template. Where two Page
Wizards exist with similar names, the second template is a duplicate of
the first but with added features that are not currently available in
the Page Templates version. To reduce the number of page wizards
displayed in Xerte you might choose to delete the version with the more
limited features.

I have tested the Page Wizards to the best of my ability and use them in
my own production environment. However they have had only limited
testing. In that they are based on the Page Templates code I expect them
to be as robust as that code, but you are advised to try them for
yourself to satisfy yourself that they perform to your requirements. Any
errors in the Page Wizards are mine.

If you have any problems with the Page Wizards I will do my best to
provide support via this mailing list.

You can find all you need at http://wiki.xerte.net

I know that some of you have waited some time for this functionality. I
am sorry that your hopes may have been raised prematurely by a posting
of mine earlier in the year. However "Something wonderful" has finally
happened :-)

Kind regards

Johnathan

Johnathan Kemp
ICT Development Coordinator
Connexions Staffordshire
www.cxstaffs.co.uk <http://www.cxstaffs.co.uk/>
01785 355714

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity(s) to whom they are addressed. All messages are monitored for virus, high risk files and inappropriate content. As a result users should be aware that this mail maybe accessed, read and the right is reserved to reject, return, remove attachments or delete if considered to be inappropriate or unsuitable. Liability cannot be accepted for any loss or damage arising from this email (or any attachments) or from scripts or any virus transmitted.

This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of Connexions Staffordshire. If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately reply to the sender or notify postmaster at cxstaffs.co.uk

Connexions Staffordshire Limited is registered in England No.4355170
Registered office: Foregate House, 70 Foregate Street, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST16 2PX