[Xerte] Getting the rich text of a field

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Dec 7 12:19:19 GMT 2009

> iconID.txt.htmlText will give you the actual text, as it
> appears: *Welcome*, remember the icon is a movieclip
> (iconID). It contains a textfield (iconID.txt). The Flash
> help takes over from that point, textfields do many things...
>
> Could you just do:
>
> System.setClipboard(iconID.txt.htmlText);

That's even worse, I'm afraid, giving a result like:

<P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE="12" COLOR="#000000"
LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0"><B>The first meeting:</B> quis enim. Donec
pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim
justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum
felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus
elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo
ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem
ante, dap</FONT></P>

No bother, I'll have a hunt in the Flash Help, and if I can't find owt
quickly I'll knock it on the head. This feature would only be a grace
note on a grace note so it's unimportant.

Cheers

Fred

PS: It's curious that Flash-generated HTML such as the above is, well,
sooooooooo 1990s, with capitalised tags.