[Xerte] Actionscript 3 version of Xerte and backwardcompatiblitywith current versions

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:53:52 BST 2009

Julian, so do you see a bifurcation in the development tracks, or will dev on < 3.0 become community based?

Cheers,
Dave

Subject: RE: [Xerte] Actionscript 3 version of Xerte and	backwardcompatiblitywith current versions
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:00:11 +0100
From: Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk

Almost certainly there won’t be backwards compatibility
with .rlo files – things are just too different.

Definitely there will be compatibility with toolkits data, which
is just data after all.

Things are still very embryonic. You can check out the samples
in the .svn, and can install a fledgling Xerte 3. There are still some quite
fundamental decisions to make on how best to take this forward, but having said
that you can already see how much more powerful it is.

Download it here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/downloads/X3AlphaSetup.exe.
This is not for any production work – just a preview of some work in progress.