[Xerte] Drag & drop text / Carrying values between pages

Woollard, Jon j.woollard at herts.ac.uk
Tue Aug 18 12:26:16 BST 2009

Thanks Fay,  I appreciate your help.

Jon

Jon Woollard
Principal Technical Officer
Dept of Physiotherapy
UH Health Ltd
2F311a
Wright Building
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
AL10 9AB
T.(01707) 286452
Internal x3452

-----Original Message-----
From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Fay Cross
Sent: 18 August 2009 12:08
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: RE: [Xerte] Drag & drop text / Carrying values between pages

Hi Jon

1.
To drag and drop text you need to add a background to it that you click
on to start dragging.
Add a text icon and give it an ID, then add a script icon below and
include this script (referencing whatever your text icon's ID is):

textId.beginFill(0xFFFFFF,100);
textId.drawRect(0,0,100,50);

This will create a white background to the text and will allow it to
work in the same way as graphics for drag and drops.

2.
To carry values between pages, add an Entry Frame before any of your
normal pages and add a script icon to it.

In this script you can set up variables that all pages will be able to
use.  For example, in the entry frame's script write this:

totalScore = 0;

Then scripts in any subsequent page can reference or change it, for
example:

totalScore++; // to add 1 to its current value.

3.
Not sure I can recommend any books or courses but
http://flash-reference.icod.de/ is a good reference guide to
ActionScript 2.0

Hope this helps

Fay