[Xerte] Writing/reading text

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:35:10 BST 2009

> Xerte doesn't directly have the ability to save a file, as it's flash based and as such relies on flash's file handling functions (i.e open only).

It's been a long while and the security model may have changed in the meantime, but I did at one time use Flash's LSO (Local Shared Object, it's basically a cookie) to allow Authorware to interact bi-directionally with a standalone Flash app.

Embedded a Flash stub in the AW piece and relayed data through that to the LSO which was picked up by the other Flash application.
So unless LSO's have been deprecated, there is a way to store data on the users machine.

Dave