[Xerte] Problem Importing Into Moodle 1.9.4

Peter Pretorius pete.pretorius at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 03:58:50 BST 2009

Hello,

I've used Xerte, specifically the Xerte template wizard, from the Xerte
desktop app,  to create a sample course for myself.  I then published it as
a "package", which I understand should result in a Scorm 1.2 package.  Upon
uploading it into my Moodle 1.9.4 localhost install, I get an error message
of "Manifest not found."

Yet when I examine the package's zip file, I do see the imsmanifest.xml file
in the root of the zip file.

Thinking it might be my install of Moodle that was to blame, I tried using
another course authoring tool, UDUTU, to create a Scorm 1.2 package.  This
one imported perfectly.

Has anyone run into this before?

Am I packaging the Scorm file incorrectly?  I published it directly from the
window titled "Xerte Template Wizard".  Maybe I need to open the file in
some other way before publishing it?

Or maybe I need to modify the Scorm package in some way prior to importing
it into Moodle?

Thanks,
Pete Pretorius
Salem, MA, USA