[Xerte] Writing/reading text

John Lannon j.lannon at aimforhumanrights.nl
Fri Aug 7 10:08:06 BST 2009

Hello all,

I'm new to Xerte and to the list but I've set up the standalone exe version, looked through the examples, and created/published my own basic template-based learning object.

My question is as follows: I want to create an interactive online application where the user is presented with questions (mostly text entry panels for large amounts of text); the user can save their input at any time, and can reload them into the appropriate panels when they re-start. I want to run the published project from a server or CD and save the entered text locally on the user's PC.

I presume I can write/read from an XML file, but would welcome any advice or examples.

Thanks in advance,

John Lannon
Systems Developer [Human Rights Impact Resource Centre] Aim for human rights
Email: j.lannon[at]aimforhumanrights[dot]org