[Xerte] htaccess bug

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 4 16:54:59 BST 2009

Hello all,

For those of us using apache, there is an error in the htaccess file.

I can't release this as a bug fix as the file is unique to each install.

So look in your .htaccess for something like

rewriteRule ^data_([A-Za-z0-9]+)$ /toolkits/data.php?template_id=$1

and swap it for

rewriteRule ^xml_([A-Za-z0-9]+)$ /toolkits/data.php?template_id=$1

I've fixed the installer but not uploaded it yet.

And if you're wondering what this does, it allows XML files generated by
Xerte to shared / consumed by other services.

Patrick Lockley
IS Learning Team
King's Meadow Campus
Tel: 0115 84 68882