[Xerte] help exporting

Anthony Harrison Anthony.Harrison at port.ac.uk
Tue Aug 4 16:19:10 BST 2009

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your help, it worked a treat!
If I wanted to include additional .flv videos in my project and exceed 100M, would it be a case of just bumping that figure up again in the ini.php file?

The department I work for (Portsmouth Business School) are very interested in Xerte, and from the research I've carried out I believe it will be an extremely useful tool and a great benefit for eLearning at the University.

I can not say if the University as a whole will adopt this approach as the eLearn team have their own Flash developers who work on our VLE. It could be a sensitive area, so for now I just want to test it out to see if the PBS Faculty eLearning Co-ordinator and PBS tutors give good feedback; and if so, I've no doubt it'll be up for discussion within the eLearning meetings in the near future.

I'd like to know more about the server version and how it works in comparison to using your 'sandpit area'.
How would I go about getting this set up and what is involved in the process?
We're ideally looking to make a template that can be used for all the tutors of the Business School, with the possibility of slight variations between its departments. Can this not be achieved just by using the sandpit area alone?

I'm not a flash developer and have a basic understanding of action script, so I imagine the local version wouldn't be ideal for tutors to use...However I noticed on one of your videos that you can implement the online toolkit within the local version from what was described as a 'hidden' folder, how would I go about doing this for my own needs?

How many institutes are currently using Xerte and what level of support could we expect to receive?
Would we need staff proficient in Action script and Java script as a first line of support?
Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help and Kind Regards

Anthony Harrison

PBS eTeam
University of Portsmouth

>>> Patrick Lockley <Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk> 03/08/2009 21:57 >>>
Hello,

The list archive is your friend :)

http://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/pipermail/xerte/2009-May/001919.html

Assuming you've running an xampp installed localhost version, you need to look for the php ini file. Then you look for the memory limit line, and we've recommended setting it to be 100M.

Are Portsmouth thinking about the server version?

Hope this helps.

Pat