[Xerte] Source code hosting

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 27 10:40:56 BST 2009

Hi,

Until now we have usd Assemble.com to host the source code or the Xerte
project. I was led to believe that hosting there was free for open
source projects. Now that the Xerte Project takes over 200mb, assembla
want to charge us for hosting the project. So, we need to move the
source code repository.

The two options I am considering are sourceforge.net and
code.google.com.

Does anyone have any point of view, or experiences with either service,
good or bad they'd like to share? I have set up a project with
sourceforge and am awaiting their approval. Google code looks very
simple, but has less features than sourceforge.

Thanks,