[Xerte] Line breaks in text areas

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Apr 22 15:49:26 BST 2009

A small and unimportant query. An app I'm working on has text entry
areas for the user to type their thoughts into. This is implemented by
an 'entry framework' icon. I notice that the user can't put any line
breaks into their text - hitting Enter whilst typing does nothing. Is
this a fixed feature, or can it be tweaked? Not a big deal, mind.

The prototype app is at
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~ntzfr/rlos/mentoring/test/happyhamster.htm
and an example input is in Communication 2/8.

On a tangent to this, the user can't select pre-existing text in the
application. I know that you can set Flash to allow text selection in
movies, so can this be done in Xerte? Again, not at all important, just
curiousity.

Cheers

Fred

Fred Riley
Learning Technologist
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham
Vcard: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nursing/sonet/about/fr_uon.vcf