[Xerte] Flash Paper

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 12:01:25 BST 2009

> Depends what you want to do

Present electronic documents in a Xerte template, as in the quoted
example. JPEGs of any form fail for a number of reasons, particularly
with multi-page documents. This has been tried and rejected.

> I went looking for a PDF to JPEG php class earlier, found one
> that supports the flipbook xml format - so you could just
> script something?

Definitely not an option. If a successor to Flash Paper that allows DOC
-> SWF conversion, or DOC/PDF support in the Flash development
environment, doesn't appear then the long-term viability of our projects
is in jeopardy.

Cheers

Fred