[Xerte] Xerte Online Toolkits: Installation Guide

RonM ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Sun Apr 19 00:24:08 BST 2009

Hi Keith (& Becky from previous posts)

I’m guessing and there could be other issues as stake here but I suspect you both may have downloaded xertetoolkits.zip rather than toolkits.zip and xertetoolkits.zip has a hardcoded value in database.txt which slipped in at some point and causes this error during setup. There are 2 places to download toolkits from the notts site and at the moment they contain two different links e.g.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~cczjrt/Editor/index.htm has a link to http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~cczjrt/Editor/downloads/xertetoolkits.zip

and http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~cczjrt/Editor/toolkits.htm has a link to http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~cczjrt/Editor/downloads/toolkits.zip

download http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~cczjrt/Editor/downloads/toolkits.zip and try again. Delete the previous database first or use a new name during setup.

Also unless you are including ldap integration once installed you’ll need to visit demo.php which is the unsecured page for creating content.

HTH

Ron