[Xerte] Xerte Online Toolkits: Installation Guide

Keith Holney ktwoho at yahoo.com.hk
Sat Apr 18 23:51:30 BST 2009

Dear Julian,

Xerte is great and thanks for your efforts!

I followed your localhost Xerte Online Toolkits Installation Guide as posted on 19 Sep 2008 but could not make it work.

(1) I have tried both 1.6.7 and 1.7.1 of XAMPP and the results are the same.

(2) "Setting the Xerte Toolkits":
- After setting the database account ("root" with a blank password), the setup page showed a long configuration page.
- It seemed there was no need to enter any "NULL" value in any field as you mentioned.
- So I just clicked "Submit" but was given a long list of error messages.

(3) Error Messages:
- The 1st line is "The sitedetails site ID query insert into tk__sitedetails(site_id) VALUES ( "1") has failed due to No database selected".
- The rest are similar (all saying "site_id="1" has failed due to No database selected").

(4) "localhost/toolkits" only displays the number "1" on a blank page.

I have followed every step in your installation guide.  Please help!

Best regards,
Keith

      Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 請前往 http://hk.promo.yahoo.com/security/ 了解更多!