[Xerte] Problems with playback of flv files

Rochford, Thomas t.rochford at rsc-eastern.ac.uk
Fri Apr 17 18:04:15 BST 2009

I'm having problems with embedding flv files and this is an area in which I
feel very much less than competent.

The demo flv file of Einstein shows up correctly under all my browsers
(Firefox, IE8, and IE7 but there is no sound

The youTube videos show up correctly, including sound

I'm using RIVA to convert a CAMTASIA .avi file. I've chosen a 640*480 format
and am using a bitrate of 1600. Do I need to use a lower resolution or
bitrate?

When I try to run my page, nothing happens at all.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Thomas