[Xerte] webtools installation

Becky Kinney becky at flash4ed.com
Fri Apr 17 02:08:26 BST 2009

[Xerte] webtools installationWell, I followed the instructions for the full install, which included setting a lot of folders to 777 in advance, which I did. Trouble seems to be that the server is setting them back. I can send you a copy paste of the errors the next time.

It actually does make sense to me that there might have been ownership issues. I remember seeing some odd usernames in the error page. I'm pretty sure I can get shell access, but I'm not sure how to change owners once I'm in. I only know a handful of unix commands. Also, which owner should I switch to? There seems to be a default name that was assigned to my account behind the scenes, as well as the name I use to log in to the control panel. If the server is treating me as the wrong one when I'm in the xerte setup folder, what should I do?

Becky