[Xerte] How to handle wrong text entries

Peter Huppertz peter.huppertz at baselgovernance.org
Wed Apr 15 11:16:54 BST 2009

Yes, I could add an onPageClose event and evaluate the answers than. I can
get the correct answers reading the phrase attribute, but how can I get
the values of the textfields (gaps).

Peter

From:
Patrick Lockley <Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk>
To:
"Xerte discussion list" <xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk>
Date:
15.04.2009 11:51
RE: [Xerte] How to handle wrong text entries
Sent by:
xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk

Maybe change how it works – don’t evaluate the answers until you have to,
then check the answers?

> RE: [Xerte] How to handle wrong text entries
>
> Sent by:
>
> xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
>
> Why not static the text field once the answer is correct?

I can do that, if there is no other solution. But making the TextField
static would already be an (unwanted) feedback.

> Or give it a property called correct and once that is true don’t add
> any more scores?

I can do that, but I have to reset this property, if the user changes his
mind and thus changes the content of the gap. How can I detect this?

> I’m not that good at xwd stuff so I am not sure how easy that is.

I think the xwd side of things is OK (so I can set the property to disable
the feedback and can get the value in Xerte).

Peter