[Xerte] Xerte Online Toolkits V1.0 Released

Rochford, Thomas t.rochford at rsc-eastern.ac.uk
Thu Apr 9 20:42:15 BST 2009

Hi Patrick,

I downloaded from the Nottingham University, Xerte Website. I still have the
unzipped file on my test laptop where the files are dated 08/04 at 17:57 or
thereabouts. I agree it's very easy to get confused with so many memory
sticks for testing purposes, but I downloaded this one early this morning,
i.e. before it had been overwritten with the current one.

I don't know that much about php but the supplied copy of database.txt on
that version looks like this

<?

/**

*

* database page, has the settings for database connection

*

* @author Patrick Lockley

* @version 1.0

* @copyright Copyright (c) 2008,2009 University of Nottingham

* @package

*/

/*

* Host where database is

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_host = "localhost";

/*

* Username for database

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_username ="DATABASE_USERNAME";

/*

* Password for database

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_password ="DATABASE_PASSWORD";

/*

* Database name

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_name ="toolkits_data_april";

/*

* Database table prefix

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_table_prefix ="tk__";

?>

But i'm guessing it should look like this

<?

/**

*

* database page, has the settings for database connection

*

* @author Patrick Lockley

* @version 1.0

* @copyright Copyright (c) 2008,2009 University of Nottingham

* @package

*/

/*

* Host where database is

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_host = "DATABASE_HOST";

/*

* Username for database

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_username ="DATABASE_USERNAME";

/*

* Password for database

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_password ="DATABASE_PASSWORD";

/*

* Database name

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_name ="DATABASE_NAME";

/*

* Database table prefix

*/

$xerte_toolkits_site->database_table_prefix ="DATABASE_PREFIX";

?>

In order for lines 94 to 96 of page2.php to work properly, i.e.

$buffer = str_replace("DATABASE_HOST",$_POST['host'],$buffer);

$buffer = str_replace("DATABASE_NAME",$_POST['database_name'],$buffer);

$buffer = str_replace("DATABASE_PREFIX",$_POST['database_prefix'],$buffer);

As I said, I'm not a php programmer - my speciality is perl, so if I'm out of
order or my depth, I apologise.

Kindest Regards,

Thomas

RSCs - Stimulating and Supporting Innovation in Learning

RSC Eastern welcomes feedback on our services via

support at rsc-eastern.ac.uk.

Keep up to date with e-bytes for free

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/e-bytes.html

Thomas Rochford

e:Learning Advisor, Infrastructure & Learning Technologies

JISC Regional Support Centre - Eastern

Anglia Ruskin University, CU House, Southernhay, Basildon, SS14 1EZ

Eml: t.rochford at rsc-eastern.ac.uk

Mob:  07500 669 002

Fax: 01223 563142

Skype: cambridge.serendipity