[Xerte] Xerte Javascript errors

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 25 15:21:08 BST 2008

Hello

Point 1 - Technically speaking you can't edit folders, so that's my bad
javascript...... the newwindow line was in the wrong place in the code
so modify website_code/scripts/template_management.js - look for the
edit_window function - swap its contents for this (assuming no other
modifications) -

x=0;

while(x!=drag_manager.selected_items.length){

if(drag_manager.selected_items[x].className=="file"){

var NewEditWindow = window.open(site_url + "edit_" +
(drag_manager.selected_items[x].id.substr(drag_manager.selected_items[x]
.id.indexOf("_")+1,drag_manager.selected_items[x].id.length)),
"editwindow" + drag_manager.selected_items[x].id, "height=665,
width=800" );

NewEditWindow.window_reference = self;

NewEditWindow.focus();

}else{

alert("Folders can be edited or modified by highlighting them then
clicking on properties");

}

x++;

}

Point 2 - The example links needs to be set in the
originaltemplatedetails table in the database - look for the display_id
column. This is the template ID of the example you'd like to use (so if
its template id 1, put a 1 in there - if you don't have an example - set
it to 0).

Point 3 - Can't say for definite - do you have firebug installed in
firefox? That tends to give better error messages than IE.

Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks

Pat