[Xerte] Xerte error

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 15:57:45 BST 2008

Hi Sunny,

The installer (which is more of a guide) will be refined as it is
currently on in beta.

The new error should be rectified by doing the following (it hasn't
occurred when testing, but it appears as an error during some installs -
as of yet I don't know why).

In your current PHP (config.php)

//
// QUERY STRINGS
// Handles the preview and play settings
//

$site->play_edit_preview_query = "select
originaltemplatesdetails.template_name, logindetails.username,
originaltemplatesdetails.template_framework, templaterights.user_id,
templaterights.folder, templaterights.template_id,
templatedetails.access_to_whom from originaltemplatesdetails,
templaterights, templatedetails, logindetails where
templatedetails.template_type_id =
originaltemplatesdetails.template_type_id and templatedetails.creator_id
= logindetails.login_id and templaterights.template_id =
templatedetails.template_id and templaterights.template_id=\"" .
$_GET['template_id'] . "\" and role=\"creator\"";

Change it to

//
//
// QUERY STRINGS
// Handles the preview and play settings
//

if(isset($_GET['template_id'])){

$site->play_edit_preview_query = "select
originaltemplatesdetails.template_name, logindetails.username,
originaltemplatesdetails.template_framework, templaterights.user_id,
templaterights.folder, templaterights.template_id,
templatedetails.access_to_whom from originaltemplatesdetails,
templaterights, templatedetails, logindetails where
templatedetails.template_type_id =
originaltemplatesdetails.template_type_id and templatedetails.creator_id
= logindetails.login_id and templaterights.template_id =
templatedetails.template_id and templaterights.template_id=\"" .
$_GET['template_id'] . "\" and role=\"creator\"";

}

So you add the if statement around the string (the actual string doesn't
change).

Could you please let me know which version of XAMPP (apache / php
versions) you've used as on the versions I tested with I didn't get this
error.

Thanks

Pat