[Xerte] Problem getting accurate count of pages in framework

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Wed Oct 8 17:53:52 BST 2008

I'm adding a "Page x of y" to a framework, and I'm not getting the
correct value for y (the number of pages in the framework).

I'm using an Entry Frame to the framework, and within that is a text
icon with an id of aboutDPCounter. The framework id is aboutDPFrame. On
each page, I include a script icon with the following:

aboutDPCounter.setText('Page ' + (aboutDPFrame.currentPage + 1) + ' of '
+ aboutDPFrame.pages.length;

When I enter the framework, which currently has two pages of content,
the page counter reads "Page 1 of 1." When I go to the next page, it
reads "Page 2 of 2," and when I back to the first page it reads "Page 1
of 2." If I then advance to page 2, it reads "Page 2 of 2."

What's going on? I would expect myFramework.pages.length would be
consistent. It appears as though it doesn't count the page until you've
actually navigated to it.

 Paul Swanson
 Instructional Designer
 Harland Financial Solutions