[Xerte] Maths symboles

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue May 6 08:44:13 BST 2008

Funnily enough we have the same issue on a current project. We want to
develop content for engineering that needs to make a lot of use of
mathematical expressions. Currently the only way to do it in Xerte is to
use some other tool to render the expression and then take a screenshot
and use the image in Xerte. This is fine if the number of expressions is
relatively low, but in our case we'd like to dynamically generate the
expressions and render them at runtime. There is no MathML support in
Flash natively, and I've not found a good component for rendering MathML
or LaTeX that I could wrap. If anyone is aware of a good MathML / LaTeX
component, please let me know.