[Xerte] Online docs (was Path property)

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 13:27:32 BST 2008

Julian wrote:

The PHP manual at http://docs.php.net/manual/en/ might be a good placeto start discussions. It depends what's going to work best: do we wantdocs that anyone can edit, which might need some sort of QA process tostop things getting messy, or do we want something more akin tolivedocs, where the documentation is fixed, and only people with rightscan create new content, but anyone can comment on it at the bottom ofthe page?

Might be useful to also look at it from the opposite end:
What would provide the most elegantly searchable/cross-linkable/etc structure?

Either Wiki or LiveDoc style will require maintenance hours, might as well spend them on something that will be used. ;-)

Dave