[Xerte] Can text imported from an XML file be formatted?

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Thu Jun 19 19:59:25 BST 2008

I'm making an XML file to hold quiz information, and I wonder if there
is a way to make some words from the quiz bold or a different color? I
found that if I insert html tags, such as <b></b> within the xml text
that text is truncated at the first < when displayed in Xerte. Would
using [!CDATA[]] tags allow me to insert html tags, and if so, how?

My XML file has questions in the following format:

<question>
	<prompt>Which item under Policy controls access to the simple
policies in LPL?</prompt>
	<answer correct="false">Policy Components</answer>
	<answer correct="false">Standard Policies</answer>
	<answer correct="true">Default Policies</answer>
	<answer correct="false">Access Limitations</answer>
</question>

If I wanted to bold the word 'Policy' in the <prompt> node, how would I
do that?

 Paul Swanson
 Instructional Designer
 Harland Financial Solutions