[Xerte] Styling text entry fields and setting focus

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 28 09:03:00 BST 2008

The following works for me:

Add an interaction to a page, set perpetual to 1
Add a textEntry to it, give it an rs property of txtUsername;
Add another textEntry to it, give it an rs property of txtPassword;

Add a script below the interaction, call it setup:

txtUsername.background = true;
txtPassword.background = true;
txtPassword.password = true;

That sets up the fields as you need. You need to do this after the
interaction has been setup, hence the perpetual proeprty, allowing the
flow to pass through the interaction after the text fields have been set
up. You code can now access the text fields.

You can then add a button to the interaction, with a script for fishing
out the details the user entered:

debug('username: ' + txtUsername.text + '; password:' +
txtPassword.text);

or handle it with rootIcon.onKeyDown as discussed last week,