[Xerte] Can I change the alpha property of button.swf?

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Thu Jul 17 18:39:06 BST 2008

I'm using button.swf for my Table of Contents button, which is displayed
over the status bar area. When using a framework, the color of the
framework navigation area shows through the button, so it must have an
alpha of less than 100. I want to force it to be fully opaque.

My button interaction has an id of tocButton, and an rs property of
tocButtonRs. The button interaction is perpetual, with a script icon for
the code below the interaction icon on the tree (not within the
interaction). I've tried the following statements to change the alpha
property, but without success.

tocButtonRs._alpha = 100;
tocButtonRs.alpha = 100;
tocButton._alpha = 100;
tocButton.alpha = 100;

What would be the correct syntax for changing the alpha? The
ActionScript 1 reference indicates the syntax should be movieClip._alpha
= 100;

 Paul Swanson
 Instructional Designer
 Harland Financial Solutions