[Xerte] Can a page be removed from the Table of Contents?

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:06:12 BST 2008

Aha.
Thought it was drawing from the name param.

Thanks.
Dave

Subject: RE: [Xerte] Can a page be removed from the Table of Contents?Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:11:36 +0100From: Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.ukTo: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk

The default page is given a title attribute, after than you need to add the attibute yourself.

Hope this helps

Pat

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Dave BurnettSent: 17 July 2008 12:46To: Xerte discussion listSubject: RE: [Xerte] Can a page be removed from the Table of Contents?
Speaking of TOC,  I have a little test project that consists of just LO, and the default interface containing 2 pages. Under Preview, the TOC has: 0. Undefined1. Undefined. What am I missing? Dave

Hi Paul,

Not sure about removing a page from the contents list - the help doesn't list a page property that would do it.

However if the page is last in the rlo, you can set the title to be empty. They still can get there by clicking the arrows though?

Though you still need a way of preventing people getting into the page before a condition is met, so you'll need a script as the first child of the results page, containing something like

if(quiz_done!=true){

    rootIcon.prevPage();

}

I suspect a better answer may be with you next week.

Pat

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Paul SwansonSent: 16 July 2008 23:37To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.ukSubject: [Xerte] Can a page be removed from the Table of Contents?
I'm working on a course that includes a Table of Contents, but I have at least one page that I want to remove from the auto-generated list. The course includes a quiz within a framework, and then exits the framework to a page that displays the quiz results. I would like to remove the quiz results from the TOC so someone cannot navigate to it without going through the quiz first. Anyway to do that?_____________________________  Paul Swanson  Instructional Designer  Harland Financial Solutions _____________________________

With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.