[Xerte] Default interface size

Riley Fred Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 17:26:29 BST 2008

This just *has* to be a FAQ. How do I set the default width and height
of the main interface in a learning object? TFM, or rather the Help
file, lists amongst the properties of the Interface icon:

The x coordinate of the upper left corner of the default interface

The y coordinate of the upper left corner of the default interface

The width of the default interface

The height of the default interface

but none of these appear in the drop-down list of properties for this
icon in Xerte 1.9 - there's only "swf" and "helpfile". You can add
properties with these names manually but that has no effect, as if they
were just user-defined variables. I suspect that there'll be a bit of
code needed...

Curiously, if you do add a user-defined property, you can't delete it
afterwards, as far as I can see.

Cheers

Fred

Fred Riley
Learning Technologist, School of Nursing, University of Nottingham
Vcard: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nursing/sonet/about/fr_uon.vcf