[Xerte] Loading XML via asp

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 16:22:39 BST 2008

OK, cool.

Look at iconID.sendAndLoad as the preferred way of loading up XML from
outside sources.

I just tried some tests and you can indeed do:

myXML = new XML();
myXML.load(FIleLocation + 'test.xml')

and it will load - the trouble is getting a Xerte event handler on it.

If you debug(myXML); sometime later, you will see the xml, but I can't
set up an event handler for the load event. There might also be an
iconID.loadXML(url) function. Whatever, when you're ready let me know if
you want anything added to the engine to do this gracefully (if
iconID.sendAndLoad doesn't work for you).