RE: [Xerte] Scorm 1.2 packaged with Xerte 1.9 doesn´t comunicate with LMS

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 09:14:48 GMT 2008

That's useful info. In the log for 1.9 below, notice that LMSFinish is getting called before you set any data. Any idea why that is? Once LMSFinish has been called, there can be no further communcation with the LMS.

I made a very simple two page file. In the first page is nothing but a script icon with this in it:

_level0.setValue('cmi.core.lesson_status', 'browsed');

And on the second page is this:

_level0.setValue('cmi.core.lesson_status', 'completed');

My log is here:

    SCO is searching for the API Adapter
    SCO was able to find the API Adapter

    LMSInitialize() has been invoked
    LMSInitialize() finished successfully

    LMSSetValue(cmi.core.lesson_status,browsed) has been invoked
    LMSSetValue() finished successfully

    LMSSetValue(cmi.core.lesson_status,completed) has been invoked
    LMSSetValue() finished successfully

    LMSFinish() has been invoked --after I close the SCO manually
    LMSFinish() finished successfully

    SCO is no longer initialized

We need to find out why your piece is calling LMSFinish. My piece doesn't call it until I close the SCO. Your piece appears to call it straight away. In the web page, scormRLO.htm, can you put an alert('finish') in the function finish like this:

function finish(){
  alert("finish called - communication will now quit");
  doLMSFinish();
}

And see when it gets called? The only code in the web page that will call finish() is the onunload handler in the body tag: are you unloading that page in any way?

Julian