[Xerte] Quiz Security

Martín Dobovšek mdobovsek at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Dec 10 13:54:11 GMT 2008

Mark:

It´s related to the identity of the person and to the system: about its development to
fulfill all items the regulation expects, about security of stored data, about securing
the identity of the person who log in and store/change data, audit trail of every event,
binding this events with records in the database, controls to acces the program, system,
software and building and their maintenance.

We have many systems like that who replace the paper: each record is legally binding. We
can and must assure who, when, what, and why introduce or change every data in the
system. We must keep audit trail with all history of the data.

It´s related to all aspects that must be under control to assure the identity of the
person and data integrity.

As i wrote, legally binding: no one can repudiate their own actions after login to the
system. There must be a lot of system controls, for example: after each data entry the
user must electronic sign each entry data in specific time lapse (there are specific
programing rules the systema must follow and many other more).

All this regulations states explicitly what a system must do (Functional specification).
Then you must develop the system, validate the system and validate the installation of
this system in your facility.

Hope this helps. Only as a reference of an existing approach about security of
electronics records, electronic signatures (this related to person identity) and its
maintenance.

Best regards

Martin