[Xerte] Having problems duplicating nodes

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Tue Dec 9 23:33:18 GMT 2008

Making progress ... but not using your suggestion. I came up with a
different way.

I started to think that my lesson1quiz array was not being appended to,
but overwritten, when using the following code:

lesson1Counter = 0; // counter for number of questions

// loop through all questions to get lesson 1
for (i = 0; i < quizData.question.length; i++) {

  if (quizData.question[i].lesson == '1') {

    lesson1quiz[lesson1Counter].question = quizData.question[i];
    lesson1Counter++;

  } // end of quizData.question[i] conditional

}

but by changing it to:

lesson1Counter = 0; // counter for number of questions

// loop through all questions to get lesson 1
for (i = 0; i < quizData.question.length; i++) {

  if (quizData.question[i].lesson == '1') {

    lesson1quiz.push(quizData.question[i]);
    lesson1Counter++;

  } // end of quizData.question[i] conditional

}

and then changing the references that display the questions to
{lesson1quiz[questIndex].prompt}, I am getting the questions and answers
to display within the individual lesson. My only problem now is that if
the user tries to navigate back within the question framework, the page
appears blank. questIndex is set by this statement:

questIndex = icon.parentNode.index() - 1;

The page that the questIndex code is on is the first page of my
lesson1quiz framework, with an Entry Pane preceeding it. Any thoughts on
that?

Again, thanks for all the help. And a special thanks to Dave B, who
offered to take a look at my file and offer suggestions (even though I
didn't take him up on it).

Paul