[Xerte] Database problem with 0.9 on LAMP

Geoff King gking at carrhill.lancs.sch.uk
Mon Dec 8 10:53:13 GMT 2008

Hello, I'm new to the Xerte list. :)

I've installed Xerte 0.9 from scratch on our LAMP server. It's 64bit Ubuntu 6.06 LTS running MySQL 5.0.22, PHP 5.1.2 and Apache 2.0.55. Apache is configured with IP based vhosts. I have setup Xerte using the XAMPP instructions as a guide. However after renaming the demo.php I get errors relating to MySQL. The exact messages are:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/xerte.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk/toolkits/website_code/php/display_library.php on line 130

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/xerte.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk/toolkits/website_code/php/display_library.php on line 188

The above appear in the 'my projects' window. I also get further similar errors in the 'create a new project' window:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/xerte.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk/toolkits/website_code/php/display_library.php on line 241

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/xerte.carrhill.lancs.sch.uk/toolkits/website_code/php/display_library.php on line 311

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.