[Xerte] Finished Learning object will not open on the web

Altman, Carroll E cealtman at dmacc.edu
Wed Aug 20 14:20:42 BST 2008

To All,

The those of you who created this product, kudos to you.  I think that
it is great.  I do have an issue however.  After I loaded the project on
to the web server and tried to open the page to play, the loader hangs
up and it never opens the learning object.  I have tried this through
WebCT our LMS and on a regular web server.  The loader hangs and the
learning object never opens.

The other thing that is a little issue is the lack of documentation on
how to do different things with in the program.  I have signed up for
the list serve but found little to help me out.  I am not sure what is
making the loader hang.  I have tried changing settings in both Firefox
and IE as well as the Flash settings in Flash player and I have gotten
nowhere.  My email is cealtman at dmacc.edu if you would rather respond to
that address.  I need some help.  I can see where I can use this product
with my faculty.  Any suggestions or questions that I need to answer to
get this up and going?

Carroll Altman

Instructional Designer

Des Moines Area Community College