[Xerte] Free Xerte Workshop - Monday 18th August

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Aug 11 16:55:43 BST 2008

We have only a few places left on the workshop we're running next week.
Get in touch if you'd like to book yourself on.

Some of the topics we'll be covering include, in no particular order are
listed below.

- Using models, loading models at runtime;
- Developing custom interfaces;
- Developing custom buttons using buttonTemplate.fla;
- Creating libraries for embedding fonts and graphics;
- Developing wizards and templates and dynamic code;
- Under the hood - how the parser / flowline works, when to address the
xml and when to address the movie clips;
- Using external swfs, using the component icon, developing your own
components, and interoperability with Xerte code;
- Communicating with PHP using the flash remoting component; loading XML
with sendAndLoad; loading data with loadVars;
- Using the V2Components.swf
- Lesser known properties methods and events of various icons,
broadcasting your own events, using custom properties;
- Using the SCORM 1.2 / 2004 RTE
- Using Decision icons;
- Graphical effects using filters;
- Using script functions;
- Accessibility features;
- Creating and compiling Flex applications with Xerte and the Flex SDK
(more a discussion of what's currently there and where it might go)
- Wishlist - what new features / functionality / workflows would you
like?
- Scripting the drawing icon; creating drawing applications with the
DRAW class.