[Xerte] Is there a way to make an exit button?

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 12:46:23 BST 2008

>I don't know if you can close the window without that 'a script is trying to close this window' security dialog.

Only if it's the primary window.
Spawned windows can be closed at will.
It's how popup blockers work. ;-)

Dave

Subject: RE: [Xerte] Is there a way to make an exit button?Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:55:42 +0100From: Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.ukTo: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk

You've got it - it will have to be some javascript. I don't know if you can close the window without that 'a script is trying to close this window' security dialog.

Let me know how you get on - I could add a close function to the html pages Xerte publishes,

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Paul SwansonSent: 06 August 2008 23:45To: Xerte discussion listSubject: [Xerte] Is there a way to make an exit button?

Is there a command that will close the Flash window? rootIcon.exit(); leaves the "Loading Complete" message on screen. Or will I have to call some javascript in the html page that launches the course?
 Paul Swanson  Portland, Oregon, USA _____________________________