[Xerte] dynamicMenu example

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 13:35:47 BST 2008

Sorry - didn't answer the last bit.

The initalisation is handled by the web page, as is finish. The Xerte
code should be running in an initialised wrapper, waiting for you to set
or get data. You don't need to worry about anything else - the web page
does it.

If you want to change the way initialisation works, or provide any
custom code, make changes to the web page, or the js files it loads.

Use the test suite for testing all SCORM stuff. In this case, you should
see the piece initialise, ask for suspend_data, set suspend_data every
time you navigate to a page, and then finish when you close down the web
page.

What Xerte does is:

ask for suspend_data

is it null (an empty string)?
if it is, this is the user's first visit so make the initial
trackingData variable, and fill it with 0's for each page
if not, use the tracking data we get back from our last visit - the user
has been here before

that sets it up. The menu is then built and the status is based on the
value of trackingData for each page.

When the user navigates to a new page, Xerte sets the value of
trackingData for that page to 1 and saves suspend_data

HTH