{Spam?} [Xerte] Making controls bigger and return to a web page.

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 09:09:13 GMT 2007

Hi,

This message was rejected by the mail server due to the attachment. I've
accepted it as the list administrator, but would request that
attachments aren't mailed to the list please.

When you say 'the controls' what do you mean? Media controllers, i.e.
for sound / video? The size of the default controlls can't be changed,
I'm afraid. You could try giving the video an id, and then using some
code to scale it, i.e.

myMedia._xscale = 200;
myMedia._yscale = 200;

But this will scale the video too, which might not be what you want.

You can use custom buttons. First of all get a normal buttons working to
control the video:

- Add the media to the page, and give it an id, i.e. mediaID
- Add an interaction below the media, and add three buttons to it;
- Add a script to each button;
- In the first script use mediaID.reset() to reset the media; label the
button 'reset';
- In the second script add the code mediaID.play() to play the media,
label the button 'play';
- In the third, add the code mediaID.pause() to pause the media, label
the button 'pause';

Test your piece.

Once all that's working, you can create the custom buttons. You will
need Flash to do this, and should work from the button template.fla in
the [xerte]\templates\buttons folder.

HTH,

Julian