[Xerte] Incorporating Captivate movies in Xerte 1.7

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 08:52:40 BST 2007

Thanks for posting that. As you say, if you know which timeline you want
to check for completion, you can poll from Xerte to see if it checks.

Set up an interaction, with an event response set to onEnterFrame, icon
to any icon you want to use to poll, that isn't doing anything else. Put
a debug("onEnterframe") in there to check it is polling - you should see
the debug windowfilling with messages.

Then you can use this to check:

if (myTimeline._currentframe == myTimeline._totalframes ){
  //we reached the end
}

It would be much cleaner to try and fire and listen for an event though.
If you know which timeline and the name of the event, and the captivate
file is already loaded, then a native xerte event response might be able
to pick it up. If you try this, make sure the captivate file is loaded
before you try aqnd set up the event response - do it inside an onLoad
event handler for the captivate file,

I don't know much about captivate...

Julian