[Xerte] Incorporating Captivate movies in Xerte 1.7

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Thu Oct 4 16:34:11 BST 2007

Yes, onMovieComplete is being triggered correctly in 1.8. But as you
mentioned, the Captivate movie has multiple timelines, and it seems to
be firing the event off when the first timeline completes, which is at
the end of the first frame. So I still have that to work out. I'm just
trying out the various features of Xerte, so this is nothing urgent. We
have been using Authorware for eLearning, and I think Xerte will be the
replacement. We don't have Flash here, but we will be getting Captivate.
I'm using the trial version at the moment.

I'm not sure how Captivate calls javascript. The interface hides all
that from you. You just have an option to set what happens at the end of
the movie clip, and one of those is to execute some JS. This opens a
window where you type the JS in. I haven't used this yet, but I think I
could use it to send an HTTP request to communicate with a PHP script. I
figured that if I do a quiz in Captivate, I could use this to store the
results in a database, but it would be nice if Captivate could
communicate directly with Xerte. I think it is a matter of what
Captivate allows you to do. If only there was a script icon in Captivate
like there is in Xerte ...

Cheers,

Paul