[Xerte] Re: Multi SCO

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 1 08:42:24 BST 2007

>in my LMS (Dokeos) is more practical to have a SCO for each page, i.e.
the left menu of scorm player has a menu voice each page.
Is it a future feature of Xerte?

Furio

You should be able to create a MultiSCO content package of Xerte RLOs
using Reload: www.reload.ac.uk. I don't plan to add support for more
complex SCORM as I think that aggregating content is a job best done by
other tools, and those tools already exist - I don't need to reinvent
the wheel.

I believe Reload can create a content aggregation package from
individual content packages, so create the zip files as usual using the
File->Package option, and then use Reload to stitch them together.

Let me know how you get on - good to see a Dokeos user. Can Dokeos
create the package for you? I thought it had quite good support for this
sort of thing through it's learning paths?

Julian