[Xerte] pdf in xerte! But how?

corax7 at gmx.net corax7 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 16 11:04:35 GMT 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a German student who is working in the occupational medicine in Gießen at the moment. And I’ve got the assignment to create an e-learning project with Xerte for medicine students.
I already know that Xerte is an amazing programme but it seems to me that Xerte has problems with other files like pdf.
But maybe you are able to help a novice like me.
At first I want to tell you that I tried to convert a pdf-document to a flash-document with FlashPaper 2. But the quality of the text was unacceptable. So I was looking for other methods. Of course I know that we can use ActionScript to fulfil this task. But I'm also a novice in ActionScript. So I wrote that e-mail because I am completely stumped and hope that you have an idea how to integrate pdf in Xerte similar to an integration of pdf-files in ordinary html-documents.

Yours sincerely

Frederic G.